Sunday, April 13, 2008

Fun in the Puerto Rican Sun!
Once again Ava and I were able to join Mimi and Papa on a fun week long trip to Puerto Rico! We were really sad to leave daddy behind for a full 7 days, but we have to admit it was kind of nice to "getaway" from reality for a while.

Ava did wonderful on the long flight...I mean she was really good! She sat in her seat and played with her baby, colored, read books and took a nap. By the time we arrived she was ready to go and all she could talk about was the beach.


For the first 3 days we stayed at the Caribe Hilton which is where we have stayed in the past. It's a wonderful hotel...actually the first big resort ever built in Puerto Rico. We played in beach lagoon, swam in the freezing pool, walked the beautiful grounds, visited the Rain forest, shopped in old San Juan, and ate some wonderful food. Ava really took to the beach and had no trouble running back and forth filling up her bucket with water. She was such a good girl and we only had one little mishap the whole time...
We went for our usual dinner at Morton's Steakhouse...I know most of you are probably rolling your eyes wondering why in the world we would take a 2 year old to a five star restaurant. However, Ava has been dining at Mortons since she was around 9 months and knows how to behave at any eating establishment. Before we left for dinner she was really thirsty and literally gulped down a whole sippy cup of grape juice in less than 5 minutes. When we sat down she ate some bread, chewy snacks etc etc. Our steak arrived and she began chowing down on filet mignon and mashed potatoes. Next thing...I look over and she is throwing up...I mean like lava flowing out of a volcano throwing up. Poor thing is just looking at us with these big eyes. I quickly grab our nice WHITE crisp cloth napkins and put them under her! By that time purple juice and everything else in her tiny tummy was all down the front of her WHITE Strasburg Children's dress!!! AHHH! Thank goodness no one was sitting around us. Needless to say we quickly finished and left. I still feel bad for the poor waiter who picked up those napkins!


The next day we headed to the Intercontinental hotel for Papa Guy's conference. It was a gorgeous hotel with top notch service! Us girls had so much fun while Papa was working. We played in the waves, swam in the pool & waterfall, and snoozed under our own little pool cabana. We were outside from about 10am to 6pm every day! Papa was able to join us on Thursday and before Ava and I left on Friday for some fun. It was amazing to see how much Ava has changed in the past year. She is no longer afraid of the ocean...I guess no more relaxing on the beach any more for mommy & daddy.


We had a great flight back and were sooooooooooo excited to meet daddy at the airport. He was very excited to have his girls back too! I just posted a few pictures and put the rest into a little slide show...so sorry for the long post...there were just too many to choose from!


Oh and we need to say a BIG THANK YOU to Papa and Mimi for a great sunny getaway! We love you!

Enjoy!!!


1 comments:

Scott, Holly, Bonnie Kay and Molly Margaret said...

It looks like you guys had a ton of fun and as always adorable pictures! I just love Ava's expressions...I wonder how she got to be so dramatic??!!??