Friday, January 28, 2011

He is 18months!
Well by the time I am actually writing this he is already 20 months.  Only 4 short months until he is two...blah!  Can't believe it is all I can say.
We went for our appointment and unlike his usual attitude at the doctor, he sat patiently in the kiddie chair.
 Big boy!  He weighed 28lbs 8oz (60 percentile) and was 34" tall (75th percentile).  He continues to be great eater.  He loves spicy food, all fruits and veggies.  Not a fan of mac-n-cheese or noodles.
He received his DTAP and his second dose of the flu shot.  He was suppose to have his MMR since we opted to push it back to his 18month appointment.  However, since he had to have the 2nd dose of his flu we decided not to combine those two vaccines and wait until his 2yr to get his MMR.  This made mama happy!
 Well life with this 18month old is quite different than my previous experience with Ava.  He is my snuggle bug, lovey dovey, sweet meat one moment.  Then my rough-n-tumble, demanding, wild thing.  He is all BOY!  When he is good he is the definition of good, but when he is naughty wow you better watch out.
Here he is standing on the oven drawer trying to get a "nack" (snack) off the counter when I already told him no.
 This boy is smart!  I was so worried because 1) he's a boy, 2) he is the second child that he wouldn't talk as well or as early as Ava.  Well wrong again about this one.  We have another talker on our hands.  He says up to 8 word sentences, words like dinosaur (he can even identify a picture of aT-Rex and a Tri-ceratops).  He is not afraid to tell you what he wants and will repeat his demands until you oblige.
 Best shot with the traditional sign...no staying still for this boy!
 Thought he was funny with my camera lens cap.

 Clearly not happy here.  He has had a horrible time with cutting the last two molars and his central incisors (eye teeth). He pretty much has not slept through he night since the last week of November.  They are almost in so we'll be glad to get back to normal. Thank goodness he is still taking 2 naps though.
 Better now :)  For those of you wondering, he has not had his first haircut...only a tiny trim of the "bangs".  He'll get it cut soon enough and right now I'm getting all I can of his beautiful wavy hair.
 Uh oh...better watch out!  Looks like someone is about to get kicked, hit, head butted or bit.  Yes I am not proud, that I have one of "those kids" on my hands.  He doesn't do it to other children (other than Ava)  and plays really well with other kids. For whatever reason he just feels the need to do these things to me, Nick or Ava.  What can I say other than he is a typical impulsive boy.
Well that's my BB.  Wouldn't trade him for the world and so blessed to have this sweet loving wild thing keeping me on my toes!

0 comments: