Counting down to D-Day!
D-Day means delivery day...and yes there are only 6 days left! We have been busy as usual, but as of Tuesday I was placed on bed/couch/don't get up period if you want to make it to the 28th bed rest.
Monday, the 18th we had our last appointment with Dr. Korotkin which went wonderful! Everything checked out great, fluid was right where it needed to be and Bennett was weighing in at 7lbs 9oz! However, by Tuesday my blood pressure decided to do something it hasn't done for the past 9months...elevate by 20 points. It only does this when I am upright, then both the top & bottom numbers drop by 20+ points when I lay down. So in order to make it to 39 weeks and our scheduled c-section on the 28th I'm following Dr. Fisch's orders and taken to the couch or bed for the next 6 days.
My mom was with me at Wednesday's appointment, so she followed us home to help out with Ava and make sure we had our bags packed, wash bottles, wash clothes, grocery shop, you name it (needless to say I am so thankful she is able to drop everything to help out). She headed home today after she went to Ava's class party since it was her last day of school. She took some great pictures so here is our sweet girl at her last day.
Bennett's room is pretty much complete, except for a few little details that Nick is working on this weekend...it turned out so cute and we can't wait to add our sweet baby boy to our family...in 6 days that is!
Nick and Ava deciding on a paint color...that is before Mommy changed the bedding.
Working hard painting and putting everything together (the stripe was a real test of Nick's patience, but he took his time and it turned out great!)
(Mimi and Papa are covering Ava's pink chair for us, it will be a white maltese cover and will look great with his striped ottoman)
Meanwhile, please keep us in your prayers...especially Nick as he plays Mr. Mom, chef, chauffeur, maid, entertainer for the long Memorial Day weekend...I am so thankful for him as well!!
We'll keep you updated, off to resume my position on the couch!
Jennifer, Nick & Ava



1 comments:
Bennett's room looks great! You guys did an awesome job and I'm glad Ava was on hand to help out...I'm sure you couldn't of done it without her!
Please follow your doctor's orders and take it easy and rest up this week. We are looking so forward to meeting Bennett! I know you all must be very excited for his arrival! Love you all,
Scott, Holly, Bonnie Kay and Molly Margaret
Post a Comment